Intraocular lens (IOL) procedures offer a possible alternative to laser vision correction. These procedures can be used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, lens opacities, reading vision and astigmatism.
IOL procedures offer corrective refractive power to eliminate the need for glasses.
Depending on your pre-operative vision and desired result, you and your surgeon at Este Turca may opt to remove your cloudy lens and replace it with a clear lens implant called an intraocular lens, or IOL. This has been done for routine cataract surgery for years. In recent years there has been advancement in vision correction with cataract surgery, including new tests to measure the shape and power of the eye, IOLs, and additional procedures to correct for astigmatism, and reading vision correction. This has given us the ability to tailor our treatment to your visual needs.
Having options is very exciting, but also can be overwhelming. Rest assured, your doctor will take as much time to explain your options, evaluate your vision needs, and help you decide which is right for you.
There are numerous options to correct vision problems with cataract surgery.
- Premium IOLs: Premium lenses not only replace the cloudy lens (in cataract cases) but also provide added benefits, such as improving the overall quality of vision, correcting astigmatism or providing both distance and near focus. Your cataract surgeon can provide you with an overview of what type of premium lenses fit your lifestyle and vision correction needs.
- Aspheric IOL: The aspheric IOL has a modified curvature to enhance contrast/definition and improve the overall quality of vision.
- Toric IOL: The toric IOL is designed to correct astigmatism, where the eye has a football shape instead of a round shape.
- Multifocal IOL: The Multifocal IOL provides focus for both distance and near vision and is the IOL most likely to eliminate the need for reading glasses.
- Conventional Cataract Surgery: is typically done in a hospital setting and can be completely covered by OHIP. It is effective at removing your cataract and may improve your distance vision as well.
The needs of each patient are different, and an eye examination is necessary to determine your candidacy for the different types of IOLs. To learn more about which of our lens options would be best suited to your particular case, please contact one of our knowledgeable ophthalmologists today.
At Este Turca, we offer a full range of vision solutions that best suit your eyecare needs. We are among best centers in Turkey who provide comprehensive care for a wide range of vision problems, some of which cannot be treated with the more standard methods of vision correction, such as LASIK or PRK.